As of November 2018
Non-binding translation, only the German-language wording applies.
- “Webcasts.” Web-based events that are carried out with the platform
- “User”: holder of a customer account
- “Team members”: are authorised by users to administer parts of their customer accounts
- “Participants”: persons who participate inwebcasts in a consuming way
- “Self-service”: independent use of the platform by users
- “Managed Service: Supported use of the platform for one-time events
- “Professional Services: Production services for webcasts on SlideSync or 3rd party platforms.
- MediaEvent Services GmbH & Co KG provides the webcast platform SlideSync for non-exclusive use. For this purpose, MES operates a suitable infrastructure consisting of application servers, storage and network components as well as systems that enable uninterrupted operation.
- Via the website slidesync.com, the User gains access to the service. Here, he can perform webcasts or provide media content. Participants can participate in the User’s webcasts via the links provided on the platform.
- A customer account includes storage space and data transfer, access to content storage, and daily online statistics that provide information about content usage. The data transfer takes place exclusively with SSL encryption.
Use of the webcast platform
- The use of SlideSync as a User requires a personal registration. For this purpose, the User chooses his e-mail address as his user name and a personal password, which he undertakes to keep secret. The User assures that all data provided by him during registration are true and complete. The User is responsible for the current status as well as the completeness and correctness of the entered data. When changing his e-mail address, the user undertakes to make the change in the SlideSync backend immediately.
- A User can create further Users as team members and delegate rights.
- Access to the SlideSync backend is automatically blocked if the User has entered the password incorrectly three times in a row. The User can have the blocking lifted by the customer service or unblock the account himself. Furthermore, MES has the possibility to block access without giving reasons.
- When using the webcast platform, Users undertake to observe the applicable laws and all rights of third parties.
- The SlideSync platform can be used as a self-service or managed service. Professional Services can also be booked.
- The current MES price list applies to the use of the webcast platform.
- Unless otherwise described in the respective offer, use is charged in the form of a service flat rate on a monthly basis (subscription). Any further use will be charged per unit of storage space or data transfer as described in the respective offer on a monthly basis.
- For one-time webcasts, billing is possible on the basis of viewing minutes (“Pay as you go”).
Contract term / Cancellation
The term of a customer account begins with the receipt of the required access data. It can be cancelled at any time to the next but one working day (Monday to Friday of a week), whereby 1/30 of the monthly service charge plus the usage exceeding this is charged for each day of a month until the day on which the cancellation becomes effective. MES deletes all contents of the customer account in compliance with legal storage requirements when the termination takes effect. The User must ensure that this content is backed up beforehand. In the event of default in payment, MES is entitled to block a customer account or to terminate the contractual relationship without notice.
- MES guarantees 99.5% availability of the service for 365 days from the start of the term of a customer account. To ensure this availability, MES undertakes all economically justifiable efforts in accordance with the state of the art. The availability of the service is checked and documented by suitable service providers at intervals of at least 1 minute. If the availability of the Service falls below 99.5%, the User shall be entitled to compensation amounting to 10% of the monthly Service Charge credited to the invoice following the Event. Excluded from this are times for system maintenance (Saturdays or Sundays from 18.00 to 6.00 GMT).
- The User is aware that the data for the operation of the webcast platform and for the execution of virtual events are transmitted in encrypted form via public channels, in particular the Internet. The User acknowledges that the transmission is not 100% reliable or secure. MES undertakes to secure the user’s data in accordance with industry standards, but cannot guarantee 100% reliability and security.
Limitation of liability
- MES is not liable for damages caused by misuse of the access data or incorrect entries. Each party shall bear its transmission risk and shall be liable for all damages resulting from incorrect transmission.
- The user is responsible for the backup of his data. MES is not liable for data loss.
- The User is solely responsible for the content and actions of the team members deployed by him. MES does not check the contents for completeness, correctness, legality, up-to-dateness, quality and suitability for a specific purpose. MES does not assume any liability for the contents published by the User.
- The User assures that all rights necessary for the production and publication of the materials provided by him exist and indemnifies MES from all possible claims of third parties due to infringement of industrial and/or intellectual property rights for materials from his area of responsibility. Insofar as third parties assert rights to the content against MES, the User shall indemnify MES from any claims at first request.
- All texts, images and other information and data published in the webcast are – unless otherwise indicated – subject to the copyright of the user or/and MES. Any form of reproduction and/or modification may only take place with the written permission of the owner of the copyright, i.e. User and/or MES.
- Otherwise, the User and/or MES reserve the right to take legal action against this infringement. All damages caused by an infringement of rights are to be borne by the infringer and to be compensated to the injured party.
Subject to change
Applicable law, place of jurisdiction
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
- For contracts with merchants, legal entities under public law or a special fund under public law, the place of jurisdiction is Limburg/Lahn.
Should individual provisions of these terms and conditions be invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions or the contract itself.